dente… This happened
roomate valentines day beer pong @jenniferpless
What a great unexpected weekend… only planned on going to the Poconos for a Saturday day trip and it ended up having a three day weekend with homies and my boo love! boom. winning.
* Sleep Early
* Pack up a bag
* Get an early start - hit up Philly to renew my DL
* In and out within 30 minutes, best DMV visit ever (plus i had to go to 2 different windows)
* Head to the Poconos with AZ
* Have lunch with AZ, my boo love and CSimpson at The Tannersville Inn
* Hit the mountain
* Ride the best night of my life/ the best runs in a long time / harder than I have since I was in hs
* Kate randomly joins us from NYC for some night rides
* Go to Stengel and my boo loves house from some beers/whisky/game room galore
* Get to spend more time with CSimpson & TStem
* Drink too much and cry like a girl who is getting drunk for the first time
* Bfast at the Mountainhome diner with Stengel, AZ, Kate & my boo love
* Run into old family friends
* Lay in the house under the covers all damn day watching the Olympics
* Get snowed in
* Kasas pizza for dinner (score)
* Hang times and bfast with Sara Thorn
* Get a surprise visit from Mama Thorn
* Hit the mountain and ride super hard all day
* Lucky run in with my boo love to say goodbyes
* Head back to NYC
Repeat Song of the Day:
Crave You - Flight Facilities - Teemid & Daniela Andrade Cover
There are a few moments that I don’t want to forget:
* when he said i didn’t have to wake up early, i could keep sleeping and he would just carry me to the car
* when he said “did you just chase moonshine with old grand-dad, oh my god i love you”
* when i was worried about walking thru all the snow with canvas shoes and no socks- he offered to give me a piggy back… when i said, no, i’d be fine… he said let me lead the way and you can walk in my footprints and held my hand to lead me the whole way… when we got to the car, he said i’m not leaving you, i just want to make sure your door is open
*waiting for me to make sure i got on the bus to PABT and home safely
This has been a really rough week. Everything is still a little fuzzy and the only thing I can do is keep myself busy.
Had to go home to the Poconos this weekend for the funeral of a dearly loved friend. I’ve known him for 25 years. We grew up together. We shared many of the same experiences. It was amazing to see us all come together in a time of need. We were all hurting, but made sure to still take care of each other. That is what is really effecting me the most, is seeing the people I love hurting so badly. I really appreciate having grown up with the people and the community I did. We’re very lucky to have each other. I don’t think many people will understand the bond that we have with each other. I’ve lived in a lot of places, and I’ve taken little pieces of each place with me and it’s molded me to the person I am today. I’m thankful for that, but it also makes me sad to think that I will never have all of the people I love in one place at one time. In times like these we reflect, we evaluate, we introspect. I can’t believe how incredibly lucky I am to have the people I do in my life.
* get to bed early
* pack a bag for a long weekend
* Catch the bus from PABT to Mt. Pocono
* Sara picks me up immediately go to the distributor and load up on some liquid medication
* Bucky stops by the house to have a few drinks with us before we all meet up for a night to celebrate our dear friend
* Dinner with Abel, his wife-Keri, Luke, Sara, JP, Bucky before everyone arrives
* Everyone arrives * I mean almost everyone in town * And many who flew in from CA/FL/LA all over to be there
* An evening of drinks with old old friends, celebrating our dear friend at his fav. place
* Shared tears, laughs, memories, good time
* The crew comes to the house to get ready and have some time before one of the hardest days of their lives
* Head over to the funeral home
* There were over 1000 people easy, the line to say goodbye and give our love to the family was overwhelming. The line wrapped around the inside of the building and around the parking lot. It took an average of 3 hours for one person to make their way.
* Saw people that I havent seen in 15 years plus. It such a shame to have to see each other under such circumstances.
* Saw my 4th grade English and Math teacher - 25 years later - they still remembered all of us, and called us by our first names. (this is how special our Pocono community is).
* This day was emotionally overwhelming on so many levels.
* Went to Buck and Stengels house (keeping in traditions)
* Appreciated time with dear friends, shared more stories, had some food and drink, more laughs, more tears, promises of not letting any more time pass.
* Stayed up to 8am - chasing sips of moonshine with OGD
* Easy morning with Buck, Stengel, Jill, a few others
* Slow day at the house with Luke & Sara
* Due to the snow - took the latest bus back to NYC
this is home… (at Canadensis)
happy v day! #whovian #drwho #hellosweetie
#tbt JLP says I still smile like this when I’m drunk -ha!
Bucky and Stengel’s house